This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unwanted 20px black bar at bottom of 1280x720 video render

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
framm
Registered Member
Hi there,

I have a feeling this must be an absolute FAQ but haven't found any discussions pertinent to my problem.

My problem is that I have a 20px high black bar at the bottom of any video I create. Even when I don't do any editing:

1. load one single clip that is a 1280x720 mkv
2. "match project settings to clip"
3. render to file (tried mp4 and webm, no difference)

each time the resulting file is essentially identical to the clip, only the bottom 20px are black. I've upgraded from 4:19.12.3 to 4:21.04.0-3 (on Ubuntu Focal), no change. I completely removed Kdenlive's config file - no change. I'm pretty sure I didn't have this issue last year when the machine was still running Ubuntu Bionic but I can't go back now to verify.

When I play the clip inside Kdenlive, all is fine. Only after rendering are things broken.

What could I do to narrow down - or solve - this problem?

Cheers
Frederik
framm
Registered Member
I was unable to load the kdenlive file into the old Kdenlive version on Ubuntu 18.04, so I manually re-created my test case from the same source material on that machine (running Kdenlive 17.12.3), and everything works fine there. I will probably have to and run that old software version on my current machine now. Surprised that I seem to be the only one for whom things are broken. Could it be a funny side effect of my two-monitor setup or somesuch?