This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Render between i/o selection or guides only last frame

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gurnard
Registered Member
Hello.
I am on windows 10 running KDEnlive 6.16.0. I have a large project clip but only want to render a few minutes.

So I set i and o for the section, this is a single video clip grouped with an audio clip, I use Selected Zone to MP4. It just renders the last frame, the complete selection is about 3 minutes long.

So I tried with guides and setting a guide at the start and a guide at the end. This time checking Guide zone. The guide zone shows correctly and I hit render. Again the same a 40kb file that is 0 seconds long and only having the last frame.

That clip is at the end of the file. Another clip that I made with guides, again about 3 minutes long, which is in the middle of the overall clip renders to 17 seconds.

I have edited the clip and deleted sections of it would that make a difference? Surely not.

Any tips or ideas why this might be happening?
kryxkave
Registered Member
OS
What version of KDENLive are you using ? (That number refers only to the MLT framework version.. it's not related to the application itself.)

And.. could you post a 1:1 picture of your timeline ?
gurnard
Registered Member
kryxkave wrote:What version of KDENLive are you using ? (That number refers only to the MLT framework version.. it's not related to the application itself.)

And.. could you post a 1:1 picture of your timeline ?

Hello thanks for the reply. I am using version 19.08.02. I have also tried not editing the clip, so just import a clip, make selection and then render. Again only the last portion of the selection is rendered. I am not sure what you mean by 1:1 the zoom meter is out of 21 so 1/21 etc. So I have done a shot of fit to screen and one zoomed into the selection.

This is the timeline fitting the screen

This is the selection focussed

Last edited by gurnard on Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
kryxkave
Registered Member
OS
gurnard wrote:Hello thanks for the reply. I am using version 19.08.02.

It's a very outdated version, from 2019. It may be a bug of some kind.

The current 21.04 version is a very good one, I suggest you to try the same thing using the most recent version

Anyway.. what you did was something like this, I suppose :

1. creating those 2 guides (the red lines) in the timeline..
2. then from menu: project -> render and you checked the "guide zone" option with "From" set to the first guide and "to" to the second
3. pressed the "render to file" button

Am I right ?
gurnard
Registered Member
kryxkave wrote:
gurnard wrote:
1. creating those 2 guides (the red lines) in the timeline..
2. then from menu: project -> render and you checked the "guide zone" option with "From" set to the first guide and "to" to the second
3. pressed the "render to file" button

Am I right ?

Hello. Yes that is what I do.
gurnard
Registered Member
I updated to version 21.04 and now it works as expected thanks.
kryxkave
Registered Member
OS
gurnard wrote:I updated to version 21.04 and now it works as expected thanks.

Glad to know.

Since you did it right.. the other only possibility was some kind of bug (now it should work simply setting in/out points too).

I remember the 2019 versions of KDENLive having lot of different and nasty bugs (as this one) .. but mid 2020 versions started to be a lot better .. and this first 2021 update is also a very good one.