This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

layout offset on 4k monitor

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
avmagic
Registered Member

layout offset on 4k monitor

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:08 pm
I have been using kdenlive for a little over a year. in the last 6 months some strange things have happened.

I am running an updated version of kubuntu 20.04 with the PLasma Breeze Style.
The hardware is Ryzen 9 based machine with a GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics card.
I am using the recommended NVIDIA driver metapackage from nvidia-driver-460 (proprietary, tested).
I am running the most recent kdenlive ver 21.04.2 with MLT 6.26.1 installed via ppa with apt.

The issue is that when I maximize the work environment for kdenlive on my primary monitor (Samsung U32J59x 4k) the video frame for the "Clip Monitor" and the "Project Monitor" are skewed and not within the window they are supposed to be in. If I maximize the work environment in the secondary monitor that I use (Dell U2410) this odd behavior is not present.

Another strange thing that is present on either monitor and may be unrelated is that the list of effects has missing text labels and the text labels don't line up with the icons for them.

Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
avmagic
Registered Member

Re: layout offset on 4k monitor

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:12 am
If I run KDEnlive as an appimage I do not have these problems. I do however have some other issues like I cannot open *.kdenlive files without opening kdenlive first and the places that I store my work are mounts that require complex navigation to rather than shortcuts in Dolphin. Maybe these are hardships that I have to live with.