This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

The QML titler - will it ever be released

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sredna
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

Some time ago there was an effort to create a titler supporting QML. Is this effort stille alive, and will it reach kdenlive release version sometime?

I would like to use it to create gauges showing telemetry/gps data from my gopro, many cameras embed gps and other sensor data in the files that is fun to view.
Merlimau
Registered Member
The GSoC 2019 project for a QML Titler is not finally ready as there are still multi-threading issues that are hard to solve – and it is only the backend, the frontend is another big task. The team is concentration on implement multi-timeline and advanced trimming for this year. So the QML titler could come somewhere next year.

But, there is a request to implement "Dynamic GPS text" in MLT (https://github.com/mltframework/mlt/pulls). That would allow showing GPS data in Kdenlive via filter as well.
sredna
Registered Member
OS
Thanks a lot for answering. The dynamic GPS text thing of course look interresting, I'll look into that :)