This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to "un-link" all the copied title clip?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ardhendu
Registered Member
I was doing a transition example video. For that, I have to show the name of each transition when they occur.

So I created a title clip and added that to different places in my timeline where the transitions took place.

But the problem is: whenever I change/edit one text clip from the timeline, all the other clips are automatically changed to that.

So I want to make one title clip, and add it at different places in the timeline with different texts. How to do it?

Thank you.

Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS
You need to make multiple title clips if you want different titles. You can either duplicate this one, or make a template title clip to have them all the the same. If you make your template, change the text in the box to %s, and save it, when you open it with project -> add template title clip, you can write whatever you want in the box
ardhendu
Registered Member
so in, either way, I have to create each and every title clip needed, right? That's really painful.

Arkengheist wrote: If you make your template, change the text in the box to %s, and save it, when you open it with project -> add template title clip

one more thing, If there are several template texts with different positions and effects in one frame then how to handle the '%s' for those locations?
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS
Sadly, you can't. You can make 2 clips and overlap them.

And it's not that painful... You were gonna have to write them anyway