This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

subtitles doesn't appear after speech recognition 20.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
muuabdulaziz
Registered Member
I'm trying to use speech to text in Kdenlive 21.04 for 2 days now. But cant get what I want.

I followed the tutorial in Kdenlive userbase https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... ch_to_text. I installed vosk and srt using pip3 and downloaded vosk model. added it to kdenlive. but after adding tracks to the timeline, adjusting the blue line, and trying to load subtitle: the speech recognition starts and after some minutes it shows me :"subtitles imported". but subtitles doesn't appear in timeline. and i tried the same operation using the three options ( all tracks, selected tracks, selected clips) and with many video and audio files and using many distros (debian, manjaro, linux mint) and using kdenlive repositories versions and Appimage version. But I have the same problem every time. and after the operation completed. i tried to export srt file but the imported file is empty (0B). I appreciate any help. thanks
Merlimau
Registered Member
Speech to text doesn't work with version 21.04.2 due to updates of the vosk data base. Please use speech to text with version 21.04.1 or 21.04.3 AppImage.
muuabdulaziz
Registered Member
It works ^-^. I really appreciate your help. Thanks
roze
Registered Member
I have Windows 10 and build 21.04.1, I also followed the tutorial in Kdenlive for the speech recognition but subtitles doesn't appear.
Any suggestion?