This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rendering aborted

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
albrechtmehl
Registered Member

Rendering aborted

Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:47 am
opensuse linux 15.2
kdenlive 20.12.3

After having used kdenlive for a long time successfully now it does not like me any more: rendering is aborted. In one example rendering was finally completed with the third try. Just now after having indicated the rendering tim of 11:35 this aborted at 7:20, 7:15 and 7:25 ... and I gave up.

For an advice what could be wrong and how to fix it I would be very grateful.

A. Mehl
bartoloni
OS

Re: Rendering aborted

Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:05 pm
please try an updated release of Kdenlive: https://download.kde.org/stable/kdenliv ... 4.appimage
albrechtmehl
Registered Member

Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:15 am
Thank you for your answer. Question: how to install *.appimage in an opensuse linux 15.2 system? I am used to work with *.rpm files.

By the way: deleting kdenlive and reinstalling the identical version has not helped.

A. Mehl
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:32 am
albrechtmehl wrote:Thank you for your answer. Question: how to install *.appimage in an opensuse linux 15.2 system? I am used to work with *.rpm files.l

You don't need to "install" the appimage. Just download the appimage file, move it to a folder of your choice, make it executable, and start kdenlive by double-clicking it. For example, you can just move it to your desktop, chmod 777, and run it.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
albrechtmehl
Registered Member

Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:21 pm
opensuse linux 15.2
kdenlive 21.04.3

The new version of kdenlive was used as suggested. BUT never the less the rendering crashed. At the beginning a remaining time of about 8:00 was announced; the programmed was aborted at 4:48 and the second time at about 4:53 ... I cannot say whether this is exactly the same place. But I remember another instance where rendering was aborted twice, but at the third try it worked.

This is strange and annoying. I have done a little bit of fantazising and came up with the following idea:

- end editing the clips
- save the result before starting rendering

Would file>save be the right kind of saving?

- load the unrendered file into the cloud - dropbox, workupload ...
- beg some helpful expert to have a look at my work and hopefully find out my mistake(s).

Hopeful

Albrecht Mehl