This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive 21.08 - Speech to Text - Speech script not found

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Joschi M
Registered Member
Hello,

I'm new to kdenlive and I'm trying to make the speech to text function work in kdenlive. I'm using Windows 10.
I followed the instructions: https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... ch_to_text
but still, I keep getting error messages telling me, that "The Speech script was not found"! I Installed phyton, srt module and vosk (via bat file) and downloaded some speechmodels (via drag and drop, exactly like in the manual)! The command app in windows is definitely saying, that vosk, srt and phyton is installed (as I said, I installed phyton and used the bat file)

I'm using the Version 21.08.

I even tried to solve this by using the Standalone version. But whatever I do, it just won't work.
I even tried to find definite solution on different forums (for example reddit), and it seems like I'm not the only one!

So this is my last resort here, in the hope to find and solve the speech to text function for me!

Anyone knows what to do and why it doesn't work?
Joschi M
Registered Member
I had help from a friend who is studying computer science. Turns out in Version 21.08 (installer) the whole script folder is missing! He fixed it, by searching and downloading the required script folder and some phyton files!

Would be great, if the makers from kdenlive.org could make a statement on the Download page for the installer version 21.08, that the script folder is missing! No wonder people have trouble getting Speech to Text to work.
I hope the next version fixes the problem. Not everyone is a programmer!

After fixing this mess, the Speech To Text function does work. It's not sophisticated, of course, and can't be compared to Premiere Pro's Speech to Text feature (no punctuation, capitalization, grammar, etc). But it is usable and good enough to render whole sentences in subtitles (about 80% accurate according to my tests so far).