This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Motion Tracker with zoom

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jacklib
Registered Member

Motion Tracker with zoom

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 am
Hello,
is there a option in the kdenlive motion tracker with subsequent cropping (zoom to full screen?)
Example: a person walking across the street, from one side of the monitor to the other. I would apply a motion tracker to her and this cutout (free, 16: 9 ...) was in a fixed position on the screen. Thank you
bartoloni
OS

Re: Motion Tracker with zoom

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:39 am
not easy.. i tried but nothing is working well.. take a look at these 2 tutorials about stabilization... and cropping...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AXNfIUKBj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G_UfhDjm58

you can use the second one to stabilize the object.... and after that place a zoom effect...
jacklib
Registered Member

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:00 am
Thanks for the reply, the second video helped me.
The next step was to select Position and Zoom, where I could enlarge the centered viewport to the specified size using Size.
Unfortunately this only works with the tested version 21.11.70 (Standalone daily Windows) 21.08.1 I do not use due to an error in scene detection (see my next post)
The older version 21.04.3 detected correctly, but there is no possibility of the required setting in the Transform filter (Inverted position mode is missing) - it suits me in daily Windows.
But what is generally a problem (regardless of the Kdenlive version) is a bug in the tracking of certain videos. After clicking on the Analysis, no job will appear, the analysis is immediately terminated without a result. The video can be in any format, one file works, another does not.
Additionally, I can only use the KCF algorithm. After clicking on any other, kdenlive will end. (C ++ Runtime Library Error, this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way) Libraries are updated, this happens on multiple computers (W7, W10)
bartoloni
OS

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:02 pm
the auto split scene for what i know is working...