This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Newbie / Adobe Vet - Opacity control for video segment

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sbolgiano
Registered Member
Hi Folks. Thanks for the forum.
Trying to transition away from Adobe Premiere....
There I would overlap two video clips each on its layer, by 3 - 5 seconds, ...
then define the opacity level and the span location, so as one fades out, one fades in.
(clip#1 starts at 100% goes to 0%, as clip#2 starts at 0% goes to 100%).

Can forum Members, help provide direction, video screen cap, and/or you tube link for how it works with Kdenlive?
And if there is any knowledge base out there that describes other functionality comparisons between Premiere and KdenLive, that would be great!

Thanks!
Steven
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
Sounds like a standard Dissolve transition to me.
Arrange the two clips in the two tracks (V1, V2) with the desired overlap, then move the mouse over the bottom left corner of the clip on V2 (top track) and click the grey circle. This inserts a Wipe composition with the standard Wipe Method "Dissolve".
Kdenlive also has same track transitions where you place the two clips next to each other in the same track, shorten the end of the first and the beginning of the second, move them together and then click the checkered box in the icon bar right above the timeline.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
sbolgiano
Registered Member
But how about Opacity?
Surely there is a control for simple transparency.

But your direction is Terrific! Thanks for those details.
I needed your information to do any of those transitions.

But Dissolve, (at least in Premiere) .... I think is quite different than Opacity.

Because of the way I use the videos, sometimes with 3D model animations an overlapped synching of opacity levels is what I need.
But I better shut up, and take a look at the dissolve's results first.
I was so stoked to get your response, I may replied prematurely.

Thanks again !
Steven
sbolgiano
Registered Member
But how about Opacity?
Surely there is a control for simple transparency.

But your direction is Terrific! Thanks for those details.
I needed your information to do any of those transitions.

But Dissolve, (at least in Premiere) .... I think is quite different than Opacity.

Because of the way I use the videos, sometimes with 3D model animations an overlapped synching of opacity levels is what I need.
But I better shut up, and take a look at the dissolve's results first.
I was so stoked to get your response, I may replied prematurely.

Thanks again !
Steven
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS
you can use a transition such as composite to change the opacity. I think a "transparency" effect has also been implanted recently
sbolgiano
Registered Member
Thanks!
If anyone can send a screen cap of how to locate those, .... that would be super.

s.
sbolgiano
Registered Member
Thanks!
If anyone can send a screen cap of how to locate those, .... that would be super.

s.