This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Extracting clip positions / workflow with other fx programs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bartek98
Registered Member
Hey thanks, for looking in.
I want to work on a video made in kdenlive that has a lot of clips in another program (after effects). It would be great to be able to at least transfer the positions of cuts between clips from kdenlive so you can use them as a guide in a different program. You know, so you can see when one clip ends and another begins even though you only import the whole rendered video.
I've looked into .kdenlive project file and it seems it doesn't store the clip timestamps directly. Instead, it just list all clips in order, adding a "blank length" value if there is a space between them. Sure, one could write a script to calculate all the positions from that... But is there any other way? Maybe something easier? Like embedding the jumps info directly in the rendered file, like scenes in a movie?
bartek98
Registered Member
Okay, I've managed to do it.
If anyone is interested how I did it and added the data to After Effects... just message me. It's a long process, I will explain in detail. It involves extracting data from project file, changing xml tags, using just the right xml to cvs converter, importing it to excel, calculating frames from timestamps with additional if statements depending on the presence of blanks, and finally pasting it into AE as keyframes with notepad.