This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Video end behavior

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
yegnal
Registered Member

Video end behavior

Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:33 pm
Greetings;

Looking for a way to predict how the video will end, what I mean by that is;

Will it end on a black screen/frame ?
Will the video end and return and remain on the first frame ?

I get either of the above behaviors unpredictably, but cannot purposely create any of these situations.

My preferred end at least for my current project would be to hold on the last frame of the video fully visible without ending on black. I've tried extracting the last frame and adding to the project, or using the freeze effect but none of that is working. I either get a black frame or a jump back to the first frame holding on the screen which, if it was the last frame, would be perfect but again, can't make that happen..

I'm thinking there's either a technique I'm not aware of, which is entirely possible (just starting out) or it's a buggy situation. I've done some searching and it seems like it may be the latter, but I'd be pleased with any workarounds that work.

Many thanks...

Flatpak Kdenlive
Version 21.12.0
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Video end behavior

Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:08 pm
This depends on the media player.

You can add the last frame as an extracted image and make the duration 1 hr long but once the player has played that part for one hour the video ends and the player would stop playing the video and do whatever it does - most players by default show a black screen. Assuming the viewers of that video would be bored after at least one minute of staring at the same image and either stop the player or switch to another video that might do the trick.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
yegnal
Registered Member

Re: Video end behavior

Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:23 pm
LoL

Thats probably the most practical solution I guess.

I may just have to accept a fade out to black..

Not the biggest issue, but thought because I'm so new at it, I was missing an option somewhere along the way...

Thanks for the reaponse