This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

The kdenlive maximize button is missing in ver 21.12.1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
saviogeorge
Registered Member
when I installed kdenlive latest version (21.12.1), I found the maximize button missing and it's bottom is out of screen, what should I do to fix this?
bartoloni
OS
Hi George ...right now there is not an 21.12.1 (yet) just 21.12.0, probably the maximize button is out of the screen. do you have a screenshot about that? what OS are you using?
cortlieb
Registered Member
Hi ,
actually the same issue here (with kdenlive 21.12.0).
I'm using Linux Mint 20.2 with Cinnamon desktop.
The maximize button is simply missing. Since I can manually only resize the window to a certain extent, either the top or the button of the window is not visible which makes it close to impossible to use kdenlive.

Not sure how I can attach a screenshot to a post ? ???

Christian
berndmj
Registered Member
OS
Hmm, I am on Garuda Dragonized and have all three buttons: close, maximize/resize, minimize. I can also use the double-click on the title bar to maximize and resize (Kdenlive 21.12.0)

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
cortlieb
Registered Member
On my desktop I'm running Ubuntu 20.04.
I just received an update to Kdenlive 21.12.0 without any issues. The maximize button is still there.
Hence, it seems to be an issue which is maybe not limited to Linux Mint and Cinnamon, but is visible with this combination.

But it is not a general Mint/Cinnamon issue. I haven't observed any other app that shows this behavior.
Does anybody know if the availability of window-buttons is configurable per app?
cortlieb
Registered Member
I think I came a bit closer to the root cause.
I found another post describing a similar issue with libre office and I could reproduce the following effect:
(I'm not sure about the correct terms for the settings, since I'm using Mint set to German language, but I guess you can identify the related settings.)

System settings / fonts / font settings / scaling factor for fonts:
if I set it to 1.5 and above --> no maximize button
if I set it to 1.4 and below --> maximize button available

Again, I can see this behavior only on kdenlive.
Looks like a special bug to me.
bartoloni
OS
cortlieb wrote:
Again, I can see this behavior only on kdenlive.
Looks like a special bug to me.

Please fill an issue report (maybe with an image) and your infos about the font scale. https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues