This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

vertical scroll bar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
citizenoftherealm
Registered Member

vertical scroll bar

Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:17 am
I am kind of new to Kdenlive, been trying to learn it by trial and error. But the vertical scroll bar for the timelines is totally missing or hidden, and I can't find where to turn it back on. Is there some setting somewhere that turns the scroll bars on or off? Thanks.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: vertical scroll bar

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:58 pm
The vertical scrollbar hides itself. You need to move the mouse to the right edge of the timeline window for it to show up. Alternatively you can use Shift + Mouse Scroll Wheel to scroll the timeline window vertically.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:03 am
You can also move your mouse to the left, over the 'labels' of the tracks and scroll there
geewilliam
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:55 am
I find it REALLY annoying that the scroll bars hide themselves. There is another way to deal with it. This won't work in all applications, but it will help in a lot of them.

If you don't already have it, create a file called ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css. Add these lines to the file:

Code: Select all
.scrollbar, scrollbar {
    -GtkScrollbar-has-backward-stepper: true;
    -GtkScrollbar-has-forward-stepper: true;
    -GtkRange-slider-width: 15;
    -GtkRange-stepper-size: 15;

You will have to restart the application for this to take effect. In some cases you may have to log out and log in.

Bill Gee