This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Forum Kdenlive

Tags: forum forum forum
(comma "," separated)
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Forum Kdenlive

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:30 am
Hello,
which forum is the right one for Kdenlive? I have been on this forum since 2020.
You can often read that the Telegram forum is much more active, but I do not necessarily want to join.
What is your experience?

welches Forum ist das richtige für Kdenlive? In diesem Forum hier bin ich seit 2020.
Öfters kann man lesen, dass das Telegram Forum viel aktiver sei, ich möchte dem aber nicht unbedingt beitreten.
Was ist Eure Erfahrung?
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Forum Kdenlive

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:54 pm
Hello,
The instant chat can be joined not only through telegram but also via IRC or matrix, all 3 systems being bridged by KDE bots. So if the problem is Telegram (which I can understand! if ever you need to go to eg Turkey or Russia...) there are solutions.
Not the same people are active on forum & chat, here there are some fellows who patiently answer tons of messages (many thanks to them!); on chat there are other experienced people who can answer differently...
Messages in chat can be answered more rapidly, but also get lost more rapidly...
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:20 pm
Hello @vpinon, thanks for the info.
Since I'm not that experienced, I have to ask again: If someone (= me for example) has a problem or wants to point out a problem with Kdenlive, (e.g. lift/gamma/gain), is he in good hands in this forum here, or would the other chat channels be better suited?
And, the big question: Why doesn't Kdenlive bundle all questions and help in a unified forum?
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:42 am
If you want to report a bug, you should do so in the bug tracker, but the issue with lift/gamma/gain has been reported already i believe. I would recommend here for longer questions since things do get lost in the telegram. I don't believe its main purpose is to be a forum for questions like here.
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:07 pm
Thank you for your answer.
I have already reported the bug twice. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=447948
Do you not use lift/gamma/gain?
It is such a pity that this so important filter does not work properly. When you move the point in the Lift area in the color circle, nothing happens. And if you change the numbers of R, G or B with the middle mouse wheel, then the color changes and the numbers often don't match, unless you turn the eye off and on again, then they match.
My question to you, could you help to finally fix this? With Shotcut, the tool (Color grading) is perfectly ok.
Arkengheist
Registered Member
OS

Re: Forum Kdenlive  Topic is solved

Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:46 am
first of all i just tried it on my computer and it worked fine (21.12.1), and no i don't use that effect very often, i usually use bezier curves and colorchannelmixer. But even if there's indeed a bug, it's only been a few days, you do realize that people working on kdenlive do it for free on their free time right ? they're doing their best
and no i don't have pull lol
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:59 pm
Hello Arkengheist,

Hard to believe lift/gamma/gain works for you (debian?). This filter has not worked on Manjaro forfor longer than a year and a half, nor in AppImage, nor on Windows.
Not working means that with lilft you can't use the color circle because moving the center point has no effect (if the vertical slider, luma, hasn't been changed, so everything is in the zero position). (With gamma and gain everything is ok).

But of course I have great respect for all the people who develop this great program in their spare time. I don't push basically and of course I have no claims entitlement to completed work. In the case of Lift/gamma/gain, I'm just looking for a way to fix this eminently important filter that has been buggy for so long. And for sure it is a central tool in the Color correciton for all who are used to professional work.

I approached you because I hear that you are a very important member of the Kdenlive community, a great role model for many, you are also heard and you have already helped a lot to improve the quality.

And what do you mean by: "and no i don't have pull lol "?

mickae
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:48 pm
Hello Arkengheist,
please check if lift/gamma/gain really works for you and on Debian. That would be important for me to know, because then I would have to look for the error somewhere else than only in MLT and Kdenlive.
Thank you in advance
mickae
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:59 am
I wonder if Kdenlive is doing itself a favor by having three different forums: The forum here, telegarm and Matrix. And actually a fourth one: https://kdenlive.org/de/
where you can choose from six different languages.
I'm afraid this diversity weakens Kdenlive a lot, because it doesn't focus the energy.
Does it really have to be like that?
If you don't believe that, you should have a look at the forum of the sister-project Shotcut. It could hardly be better.
zolder
Registered Member

Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:01 pm
If something is succesfull many information channels turn up. And the fanatics mostly are active on all, so probably also here.
This forum is the original. I like original informational sources.

But this doesn't say i never for instance watch a youtube kdenlive tutorial or whatever. As long as i find my information i need it's good for me.

mickae wrote:Hello,
which forum is the right one for Kdenlive?

The one which provides you the needed information. Can be one particular, or all together.
Me personally like 'all channels' to receive 'all' information, making me choose that what fits me most (as many roads lead to Rome). Still use openshot sometimes because easier or whatever argument, and ardour for HQ audio ;)
At the end i never bet on one horse.