This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDENlive moving audio out of synch after saving project

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dustape
Registered Member
Hello folks,
I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue. I'm running KDL on a Windows 7 machine. I'm no stranger to cutting video. I've cut a few features together. I cut my latest feature film with KDL. Run time is about 1 hour and 48 minutes. While editing, I had no issues. Everything worked fine. In the 3 weeks of using the program, I'd come back and reload my project file every morning with no issues. I created 4 separate backup files to ensure I didn't have any corrupted file issues.

A week or two passed over the holidays, and I came back to final render the ending credits. to my abject horror, all of the audio clips had been moved. Every piece of audio in the entire feature was out of synch. Not just all of the audio was a given amount off (I could just grab all of the clips and slide them into synch if that had been the case), but they off in all directions. Some were too early. Some were too late.

I checked ALL 4 of my backup files. All of them were the same. All of them were out of synch.

Thankfully, I had rendered out a few test renders of the entire project with a few different color grades to watch over the holiday. All of the renders are in perfect synch. To save the I am going to have to use the test renders and just cut credits onto those. I can't imagine having to synch every last piece of audio by hand. I would just RE-CUT the entire picture...I think it would be less work.

To the point...
Has anyone else encountered such a bug? If so, hoe did you address it?
Am I doing something wrong that causes this? Any insights would be much appreciated.

Someone please tell me I just need to check a box to fix it.

I love KDENlive, and the fact that it is a wonderful open source program for media creators, BUT...I don't think I can ever trust the program again for long projects.
dustape
Registered Member
Thank you for the quick reply! :)

You're reply is very concise, however, I'm not sure where to look for these things.

Also, I just wanted to make sure I made the point that it wasn't the final render that was out of synch, it was everything in the time line. Just wanted to make sure. :)
bartoloni
OS
yep, i opened an issue about that.. if your original clip become from a smartphone it probably has a variable frame rate... on next version of Kdenlive this will be addressed by a forced transcoding of clip... https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenl ... ssues/1273

you can try an updated daily build

Linux Appimage: https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... age_Build/
Windows Installer: https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... y_mingw64/

after placing a variable frame rate clip on project bin you can see a new popup:

P.S. i'm very sorry but the project need to be rebuilded... it's hard to fix an existent one. :(