This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Timeline is not displaying :(

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
iloo
Registered Member

Timeline is not displaying :(

Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:25 pm
Hello everyone

I hope it's the correct place to ask about the problem I'm having with Kdenlive since I've upgraded to 21.12.1. I've been using Kdenlive for a couple of months now as it's the only software that I can use smoothly on my resource poor machine to edit videos. I've been super pleased with how it works and what it offers that is until last update.
Suddenly my almost finished project after opening would not display the timeline at all. After not being able to find any tips on the interwebs ( I tried deleting the config file and reinstalling but neither worked ) I decided perhaps starting a new project would help and it did for a while until at some point of editing after adding another clip to the timeline it disappeared again. Has anyone encountered a similar problem and perhaps has a solution ? I'm attaching the screenshot showing the problem
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/48bef5_60b27e4cb6124e46b6ce80df7b8ff501~mv2.png

System: Kernel: 5.16.2-4-MANJARO-ARM aarch64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0, Desktop: GNOME 41.3 tk: GTK 3.24.31 wm: gnome-shell, Display: wayland
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Timeline is not displaying :(

Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:08 pm
Ouch, that looks scary! I would try deleting the *rc files kdenlive creates. Other than that I have no idea. Sorry.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
iloo
Registered Member

Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:23 pm
That was the first thing I did but unfortunately it didn't help :(
Makinars-Studio
Registered Member
OS

Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:26 pm
did you try to change the theme or style?

bartoloni
OS

Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:34 am
there was some wayland fixes on latest days.. can you try an ippimage? https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... 4.appimage
iloo
Registered Member

Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:01 pm
Yes I did try different themes. I also checked both on wayland and X11 with the same result :(
bartoloni
OS

Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:27 am
can you reproduce the issue ? do you have a clip that "broke" the timeline?
iloo
Registered Member

Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:58 pm
From my tests it's not the particular clip that brakes it, it's more that after adding multiple clips to the timeline at some point it reaches 'maximum' and that's when the problem appears. I had a video that I was editing that had around 30-40 clips on the timeline and after opening the project the timeline would not appear ( previously attached screenshot)
but I noticed that if I open a new project the timeline is visible so I started editing again in a new project file and everything was good for a while until I reached ~15 clips in the timeline and the same thing happened. Both projects show no timeline every time I open them :(