This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Stuttering While Running Clip

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mbower
Registered Member

Stuttering While Running Clip

Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:20 am
Kdenlive ver 19.12.3, MLT ver 6.20.0, installed with sudo apt-get install kdenlive.

My Kdenlive has worked just fine. But after using settings> config kdenlive> timeline> [change track height], the track does not run smoothly and severe stuttering occurs in the monitor. I realize that track height would not cause the stuttering, and I must have changed something in settings or elsewhere that cause the problem.

I removed and reinstalled both ffmpeg and kdenlive and the stuttering remains. I have seen posts mentioning proxy settings - my default installation has proxy off. I will only be doing simple cut and paste editing. I have only limited knowledge on using kdenlive, althoh I was in motion to expand my use of it a bit.

Any easy suggestions that might eliminate the stuttering problem.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Stuttering While Running Clip

Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:36 am
To see if there are any packaging issue from the distributor, please try with one of the three official packages from the download page: https://kdenlive.org/en/download/
mbower
Registered Member

Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:53 pm
o.k.. I will try later today and report back. But please don't miss my point, everything was working fine until I entered into Settings>Configure Kdenlive. A fresh reinstall by the method that was done originally did not resolve the problem?
mbower
Registered Member

Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:40 am
I uninstalled the 19.12 version, did a software update, and added files when the install of 20.04.1 balked. That is, did a lot of stuff, but cannot accurately describe what I did.

Kdenlive 20.04.1 installed, but still has the stutter? Since it is a new install, that seems to rule out what I originally thought was goofing something up in Settings. It would seem something is corrupted that supports the app. Any more suggestions what might identify the problem for a fix?
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:51 am
Hello mbower,
what setting did you choose in: Monitor > Preview Resolution? Maybe choose a lower one and try if the error is fixed.
This helps especially with high resolution videos.
mbower
Registered Member

Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:45 am
@mickae

I did as you suggest, dropped res down to 540p, and problem persists. I would repeat, everything worked fine for some time, then when I started to optimize/configure, something got goofed up.

The files are .MOV and they work just fine on another computer - so I do have an option. My guess is that some file in the linux OS got goofed up. I would just like to have kdenlive working on the computer I normally use.

mark