This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Missing icons 21.12.3

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rodcelade
Registered Member

Missing icons 21.12.3

Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:19 pm
Hi everyone,

I just tried the new version of Kdenlive (21.12.3), and a lot of icons are missing (e.g. spacer, slip and ripple tools, categories icons in Settings, the star for favorite items, etc.). Moreover, some icons are not visible on a dark background (e.g. insert zone in project bin).
I have reset the configuration and "Force breeze icon Theme" is unchecked. I'm using the AppImage on Pop_OS 21.10. I had no problem with the previous version.

Thank you for your help
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Missing icons 21.12.3

Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:07 am
If you have done a reset with Help -> Reset Configuration and it doesn’t help, you might delete the AppImagerc file here ~/.config/kdenlive-appimagerc and try again.
rodcelade
Registered Member

Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:00 pm
I tried both methods, but unfortunately icons are still missing.
jlskuz
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:30 pm
Can you provide a screenshot? Also please make sure that "Settings > Force Breeze Icon Theme" is enabled.
rodcelade
Registered Member

Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:53 pm
Here are some screenshots: https://mega.nz/folder/Y3ZWQZCZ#0x4-w-cwfqAWvKhezkzkqQ

If I enable "Force Breeze Icon Theme", no icon is displayed.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:29 pm
I have kdenlive installed on Pop!_OS via flatpack which recently updated to version 21.12.3. No problems with the icons at all. Just for kicks install kdenlive via the Pop!_OS app store and see what happens ...

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
rodcelade
Registered Member

Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:09 pm
When I use the Flatpak version, there is no problem with the icons. I used the AppImage as some effects were not available with the Flatpak app. I will try to see if this has changed!