This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Feature Request] Double click "add keyframe" for 2 frames

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bradtem
Registered Member
I find that frequently when I use keyframes, I wish to insert 2 moderately close together. For example, in common effects like volume or transform, I want to do a little transition.

As such it would be very convenient to be able to insert 2 keyframes spaced around a second apart with a single action, compared to today where it's set cursor, add keyframe, move cursor, add keyframe.

I suggest that double clicking on "add keyframe" would be ideal for this. Today it adds and removes the keyframe which is of no particular value.

Different effects could perhaps modify the behaviour. For example, in volume, it could look at the current level and if it's low, make the 2nd keyframe high or vice versa, providing the structure for a fade in or a fade out. Of course it is then easy (even in the timeline) to move the keyframes and levels around to get what I want. While a default duration (like a second) might not be always right it's easy to tweak. Of course, if there is already another keyframe prior to the duration you would put the new 2nd frame halfway to that. Possibly the duration would be settable or configured by the effect.

Other UIs could include a new control in the keyframe toolbar or a way to import "keyframe sets" you have saved. (So for example you could define a "swoop in" transform or a "swoop out" and use them easily.)
bigboss97
Registered Member
bradtem wrote:I find that frequently when I use keyframes, I wish to insert 2 moderately close together. For example, in common effects like volume or transform, I want to do a little transition.

I need double keyframes a lot. When I do screen cast I do a lot of zoom in and out. For instance, I choose a spot for zoom in. So I set one keyframe. Since I always use a 0.5s for the zoom process I have to go back 0.5s (by counting the frames) to set another keyframe.
It would be nice to have a dialog (like copy keyframe) where I can enter +/- number of frames distance for the second keyframe. That would speedup my workflow enormously.

_=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=__=_
http://youtube.com/bigboss97
bartoloni
OS
i also need 2 keyframes.... i use them most of the time.
BUT this is strange request also and can create confusion on new users... can be nice to have some sort of "trick" to generate the 2 keys automatically... maybe an hidden HOTKEY?
i will "move" this to issues to see if Jean can help us.

https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenl ... ssues/1368

bigboss97 wrote:
bradtem wrote: Since I always use a 0.5s for the zoom process I have to go back 0.5s (by counting the frames) to set another keyframe.

0.5s is a little bit hard to see on most of zoom factors... but maybe can be added some sort of configuration about the time between frames...