This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Time instead of frames(?)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rsholmes
Registered Member

Time instead of frames(?)

Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:10 pm
How do I change it so this

is time instead of (what I presume is) frames?
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Re: Time instead of frames(?)

Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:22 pm
This can be changed quite easily. Click above the timeline on the number, e.g. 013190/017378, there you can choose between frames or hh:mm:ss:ff. That should be quite simple.
rsholmes
Registered Member

Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:51 pm
Ah, I was trying clicking on the timeline itself. Right clicking brings up a contextual menu but with nothing relevant. Likewise right clicking on the counter above the timeline gives you a menu that doesn't help. I hadn't hit on left clicking the counter. It's a strange UI choice, normally left clicking on something doesn't bring up configuration options. Thanks.
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:16 am
I didn't know it before either, found out by trial and error.
Are you new to Kdenlive? The program is really good. Wish you good luck. Feel free to ask anything you need to know.
But what interests me now: How did you manage to insert the screenshot? I never manage to do that.
wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:06 pm
Pls, xcuse for highjacking your thread, but:

How can I adjust the timeline / ruler, so it will display whole seconds / 5 seconds per tick or similar, NOT such wild & random numbers I see, if I zoom or un-zoom my timeline? This would help me, to calculate visual & quick the position and duration of each clip.
Actually, I see hh:mm:ss:ff and the ruler-ticks are NOT aligned to second / 5 second or so, but to random :ff values. This is of no help (for me).
Could not find any settings in any config-menu so far (kdenlive 21.12.3).
Any ideas?

Manjaro-Linux, kdenlive-22-12-2.appimage, I7-9700/16GB/M2-SSD, Sata-SSD
bartoloni
OS

Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:25 am
Hi Wolfn.. i requested some time ago' something like this: https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues/944
wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:55 am
Hi Davy,

I'm not sure, if this is a really good idea - because:
- many people use different frame-counts (25,30,50,60 etc.),
- sometimes you HAVE to hit a particular (key-)frame...
So you can't be sure to hit the right place in critical situations if you use milliseconds for your cut.

Frames as 'natural' units, I think, is the only precise unit here.
But, as tick-marker on the ruler, I think, it is not helpful.
I think, a third option to show only hh:mm:ss could be helpful and should be easy to realize...

Edit: In an extreme zoom of the timeline, maybe it could be helpful, if there are no other units visible.
If I remember right, Premiere does this also.

Manjaro-Linux, kdenlive-22-12-2.appimage, I7-9700/16GB/M2-SSD, Sata-SSD