This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Composite & Transform basic question

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
adamis
Registered Member
Hello, I have used KDEnlive off and on for several small videos with good success. I am now expanding my use of the program and need some assistance on something I have tried finding an answer to with no success.

I'm doing how to videos on how to fix an ATV engine. I am recording on two cameras. I have successfully imported the video into KDEnlive. I have one primary camera that shows more of a bigger picture view of the work I am doing and then a closeup camera. I set the primary camera video file up on Track on V1 and put the secondary camera up on v2. So far so good. What I want to do is have a picture in picture view to give viewers both camera angles at the same time. That seems easy enough with using the Composit and Transform effect.

However... there are times when I want to have the closeup camera (V2) to be the primary video and my big picture video (V1) to be in my PiP window. I thought the Composit and Transform effect would have a setting to swap which video shows where but that doesn't appear to be the case. As far as I can tell, in order to swap which video goes where I have to cut my video and then move my V1 video up to V2 and move my V2 video down to V1 track. This seems extremely kludgy to me. Is there a better way to do this?
bartoloni
OS
i no more use "compositions" because of these "issues" ... right now (and i'm doing all videos using 2 cameras on the same scene) a "transform" effect is way better and fast to use to do "picture on picture" jobs... when i need to swap the 2 camera i have only to "cut" the clip and move it on another track (and transform effect will moved with the clip)
after swapping clips i can enlarge the desired one using keyframes.

www.wcn.it/swap.jpg