This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Supported kdenlive effects

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
joeaevans
Registered Member

Supported kdenlive effects

Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:20 am
Hi.

Does the newest pkg build of kdenlive 19.12.0 support?
1. audio stereo to mono.
2. video fade in and out.

I looked through the list of effects without finding them, but I wanted to double check to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks for your time.
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Supported kdenlive effects

Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:17 pm
joeaevans wrote:video fade in and out.

April Fool's?

If not ;-) : Kdenlive has always supported fade in and fade out (can be done on the clip directly in the timeline by dragging the respective handles on the clip start and end). Audio stereo to mono effect also exists in version 21.12.3

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
zolder
Registered Member

Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:05 am
berndmj wrote:
joeaevans wrote:video fade in and out.

April Fool's?

:roflol: :D D*mn, now i have to climb back on my chair.

berndmj wrote:Kdenlive has always supported fade in and fade out (can be done on the clip directly in the timeline by dragging the respective handles on the clip start and end).

And even more easy over two overlapping clips. Just one short click on one edge.

@joeaevans I do the bigger audio edits in an audio-editor, and only minor edits in kdenlive.
Goes for everything. Make sure you start with good masters.
Makinars-Studio
Registered Member
OS

Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:19 am
It may seem easy for us to find but trust me it's not so easy for a beginner, my friend just started and also asked me for help about (fade transitions).
Maybe the "motion" section is not a good place to leave it :).

asik
Registered Member

Thu May 19, 2022 12:33 pm
Why Fade in/out are under Motion ?
I might be lost in translation but nothing more static then the fades.
wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 19, 2022 1:31 pm
I suppressed such question till now...
Coming from Premiere, I missed some order & logic in all the effects etc. - Names or wording also.
I understand, it is grown up all the years and stayed, where it is first placed and where it came from...
Some careful re-design should be helpful for newcomers, but for the others it is as they reordered your supermarket ;-)

Manjaro-Linux, kdenlive-22-12-2.appimage, I7-9700/16GB/M2-SSD, Sata-SSD