This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

view around the cursor position

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mickae
Registered Member
OS

view around the cursor position

Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:54 pm
Hello,
is there a way, a shortcut, that brings the view of the timeline exactly around the cursor position?
Makinars-Studio
Registered Member
OS

Re: view around the cursor position

Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:30 pm
Just Click? ;D

Sorry, I didn't understand your needs because the timeline is already visible on the screen and your mouse can't go beyond the screen so...

mickae
Registered Member
OS

Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:21 pm
Hello Makinars-Studio,
I would like to edit a certain place. Then I put the cursor exactly there with the mouse. Then I enlarge the view with Ctrl+mouse wheel, but then the place I want to edit disappears from view. Exactly for this I am looking for a shortcut, so that the view around the desired place, on which the cursor is already, to center.

Oh, by your wondering, about what I am looking for, I discover a new approach:
If I put the cursor on a certain place in the timeline and now zoom in (not with Ctrl+mouse wheel) with Ctrl++, the view stays centered around the cursor.

Great, thank you.
Makinars-Studio
Registered Member
OS

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:46 am
I really don't understand :( my cursor is always on focus and if the cursor disappear in the zoom I just need to use the arrow keys and it come back to focus.
But it's ok, you already solved it ^-^

mickae
Registered Member
OS
I'm beginning to understand more and more. When I zoom with Ctrl+mouse wheel, the view does not stay at the timeline cursor but where the mouse cursor is in the timeline.
Unless I zoom with Ctrl++, then everything is as desired.
Good, the issue is solved. Thank you again. The question remains: How and where can I mark the topic as solved?
Paul
Registered Member
OS

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:03 pm
@mickae: As you started this topic you should see "Accept this answer" buttons which mark the topic solved.

Running KDE neon User Edition
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:29 pm
Hello Paul,
Oh, that's easy. Thank you.