This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Slideshow videos take an age to make

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
applepie
Registered Member
Hi,

So I like to make some videos that have a slide show of still pictures, it then has to be exported to a mpg codec file, however it seems to take the same time if not sometimes a bit longer for the actual creation of the video, so for example, a 20 minute video may take 30 minutes to make, is there a way to speed this up or is this an intensive process? I leave the computer to do it and not use any other resources whilst its doing it but I just find this amount of time to stitch up still images just staggering. It seems to be only useable to make videos with the settings t hidef 1080p but its losing that surely going into mpg format? I played around but the images look poor choosing other settings. Thanks in advance.
zolder
Registered Member
Just putting images together? Yes if much then it can be a huge job.
If it's just a plain simple slideshow why not plain simple make it with ffmpeg? https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Slideshow