This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Speeding up/slowing down issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
butcheniho
Registered Member

Speeding up/slowing down issues

Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:11 pm
Hi this is quite a specific question and I'm not sure what to type to find an answer, so apologies if this is obvious and asked all the time.

So I've just started using Kdenlive. Basically I'm using it to speed up a whole video to 1500%, then I chop certain chunks and slow them back down to 100%.

Of course the chunk becomes longer when I slow it down to 100% so the software won't let me do it unless I drag it into another track, slow it to 100% and drag out a space big enough in the original track to accommodate it. This is slightly cumbersome. I'd ideally like to be able to slow down the chunk in place and have everything else in the timeline move the appropriate amount to the right.

Is there a way to make this happen?

Thank you
bartoloni
OS

Re: Speeding up/slowing down issues

Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:26 pm
right now it's not possible... better to do an opposite work.... (i usually i do that) i cut the 100% speed video .. and i reduce to 10X faster some parts , after that i remove the empty spaces using "REMOVE SPACE IN ALL TRACKS"