This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Please help! The user interface has suddenly become TOO BIG.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
solomondouglas
Registered Member
Hello -

I'm attempting to upgrade from version 22.03.70 (nightly #979) to version 22.07.70 (nightly #1113).

I use kdenlive on Windows 10 on a 4K screen. In my Windows display settings, under "Scale and Layout", I have the "Change the size of text, apps and other items" set to "250% (recommended)", and this setting seems to work great for most of my Windows apps.

On the previously installed version (#979), the interface looks just great: https://imgbox.com/hXtTMBeR

But on the newest version (#1113), most of the elements of the interface are so large as to be practically unusable: https://imgbox.com/Nyy4wAvX

In particular, notice that the menu bar is much bigger in #1113 than in #979, and notice especially that the tracks are ridiculously tall. (You may also notice that the tracks themselves are not correctly aligned with their respective buttons/labels down the left side; this is a bug I've been putting up with ever since I first started using kdenlive two years ago and is not the topic of this post.)

I can't tell if this size issue is a new bug or a new feature. If it's a feature, then can someone please help me find what setting I need to tweak to get everything down to normal size again? If it's a bug, is there a workaround?

I've include the "Configure - Kdenlive" window in both screenshots so that you can see that my track height is set to the same value in both cases. (In the second case I had to resize the configure window because by default it covered the entire screen!)

Thanks in advance,

Solomon
bartoloni
OS
have you tried to:
close Kndelive
delete KdenliveRC file
reopening kdenlive
zolder
Registered Member
To be shure this is not the problem. Did nothing changed something in your screen settings?
If your screen resolution or display settings are altered your view will also change. For some software only changed knobe sizes and nothing more (sometimes even hard to see), but some software becomes to big for your screen and doesn't fit anymore.
So i would say rule this out.