This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

flash frames

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jerryday
Registered Member

flash frames

Sat May 07, 2022 6:57 am
When I render a project in kdenlive I always get one or more flash frames in the render. The flash frames are single frames which seem to be misplaced from somewhere else in the timeline. They turn up in random places in the rendered clip. I am on Linux. Help? Thanks.
wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Re: flash frames

Wed May 11, 2022 10:36 am
Did you check your timeline for 'forgotten' clips or single 'waste'?
Zoom out the places in question - I think you will find something...

Manjaro-Linux, kdenlive-22-12-2.appimage, I7-9700/16GB/M2-SSD, Sata-SSD
Makinars-Studio
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 11, 2022 12:50 pm
I had this issue in the new version, it looked like kdenlive had forgotten where my clip was.
I don't know what happened but when I reopened the project it had lost some clips, the clips were in the same place so I simply reloaded and rendered again.
I keep using and waiting to see if it happens again.

wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 11, 2022 1:55 pm
Did you get these problems in Single-track-edit (all/most clips in 1 track) or 'vintage' multi-track edit?
I tried a project in 21.12.3 and Single-track with many mixes and ended up in a destroyed timeline after reloading it.
This urged me using 'vintage' mode, starting over from an older backup, and have had no problems at all (>100 clips etc.).
Could not test yet, how the 22.04 behaves here.

Makinars-Studio
Registered Member
OS

Mon May 16, 2022 3:21 pm
Did you get these problems in Single-track-edit (all/most clips in 1 track) or 'vintage' multi-track edit?

If the question is for me... I only use multi-track but in the version 21.12.3 was ok.
Maybe is not about kdenlive, maybe I did something wrong because it never happened again. ;)

wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Mon May 16, 2022 3:45 pm
yes & no, it was a general question, because I found some other reports here around about mis-behaving single-track edit.
But, as soon as it works, I would prefer single-track edit. It's easier in handling, especially if you have to re-arrange some more clips, effects or something else.

And, my idea was, if the dev' s are looking for a bug, they should have a useful orientation, what may be gone wrong...