This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

either no audio or white screen on render

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dfjhsdfjgqkjsd
Registered Member
Hi. On Kdenlive version 21.12.0 I'm trying to render a simple video with 2 video tracks and one audio track. There's was an MP3 music file on the audio track. I first selected 4K vorbis output and the result was white screen with audio. I changed to H264 AAC and got video but no audio. I tried several other options, getting video but no audio. I wondered if mp3 rights restrictions were causing problems so I converted the track to AAC, but Kdenlive didnt like it and converted it back to mp3, but made a mess of it and I only seemed to have half of the track, so I converted the original again to WAV. I got a white screen with audio. I've tried toggling between Export audio (auto) and export audio, to no effect, I've tried several format options with the same results, I've increased / decreased quality and processing threads but nothing works. It takes about 6 minutes to render the 5 minute video and I've done it 8 times now.
One of them caused a crash - I think it was when I tried 'lossless', and after that I had to remap the clip files at startup - lost files error. Did that break something?
In editing mode, everything works fine.
Obviously I'm missing something! Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance!
dfjhsdfjgqkjsd
Registered Member
Okay, sorry, false alert. I shut it down and had a cup of tea and when I tried again, it worked.
No idea why. Maybe it was the tea.
If someone else has this problem, the tea was black Scottish Ceylan. I hope that helps.
Cheers anyway!