This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE unable to see icons on new version

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sonicconstruction
Registered Member
Hi All

Been using KDE for a while and now using the latest 22.04.1 on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS. I have noticed some of the icons / buttons are not visible so it doesnt say what they are. There is an outline when you mouse over and the tooltip eventually says what each is.

I used to have this when chosing any theme apart from the default but it seems to do it all the time now.

Any idea what I can try? Could it be a resource package isnt installed or qt needs to be up(down)grade??

regards

Alan
bartoloni
OS
"Latest" mean the Appimage?
because an issue related to icons was fixed on current branch (developing) : https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Kden ... c.AppImage
sonicconstruction
Registered Member
yes I mean app image. Thanks for that link - I have run it and the icons are there now :)
Pardon if its a silly question but is it OK to carry on using this version or is it likely to be dev and have instabilities?
bartoloni
OS
i'm using daily build every day to do my daily jobs .. right now i think there are no major issues with these builds.