This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Trying to edit a video clip

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aranyani
Registered Member

Trying to edit a video clip

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:32 pm
I have a video clip that I want to edit. However, when I right click on it and then select "edit clip", I get a message saying that I need to go to "settings" to add an image editing program. Ok, fair enough. I downloaded the GIMP program for this purpose, since I couldn't find where Kdenlive recommends a particular program. However, I cannot link Kdenlive with GIMP. I think that the problem is that I am not using the right the path. Try as I might, I cannot identify a path that works. Interestingly, I am having the same problem linking the audio-editing program Audacity. This is why I am assuming that I am not identifying the correct path.

Does anyone have a resolution for this problem?

Thanks!
bartoloni
OS

Re: Trying to edit a video clip

Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:14 am
you don't need gimp or audacity to edit a video in Kdenlive... these are 2 softwares that can be used to made "special" changes to grabbed frames (1 single frame) or audio tracks.