This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rendering crashed: Timestamps are unset in a packet

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jamo
Registered Member
Hi,

I am using v 22.04.2 on Windows 10. I made proxy clips and wanted to render a part of the timeline.

I tried several Output file presets, but always got a crash with a message like:
[mp4 @ 000002b38e181ec0] Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 1. This is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the timestamps properly [mp4 @ 000002b38e181ec0] Encoder did not produce proper pts, making some up.

I did search the Kdenlive site, but didn't find this. The message above says 'Fix your code to set the timestamps properly'. Do I have to do this and if so: how?
My source files (of which the proxies have been derived) are 4K 10 bit. Is the format of the source file relevant?
jamo
Registered Member
Addition, 1 day later: when I don't use Proxies, the rendering process also crashes with the same message. So it depends on the source files.
I recorded the source files with my new Lumix GH6. Is there a list of GH6 codecs that work well with Kdenlive?
majnubhai
Registered Member
Same problem here. Spent hours editing and now cant render out. Tried mp4, mpeg2 etc. Nothing seems to work. Just when approx 25 secs is left,render crashes. Whats the point of using this editor if basic rendering is hampered. No effects nothing. Just used j and l cuts and a couple of fade in and outs. RESOLVE QUICKLY
jamo
Registered Member
Searching for a solution I yesterday discovered 'Shotcut' another freeware video editing program, I had never heard of. It handles my 4K 422 files without problems.