This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable Clip Auto Reload

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
whchapman
Registered Member

Disable Clip Auto Reload

Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:00 pm
I use another application (enve) to make 2D animations, which I then stitch together and merge with a voice overlay in kdenlive.

The problem is that whenever I re-render a clip in enve, the auto-reloader for the project bin detects that the file has changed while the render is still ongoing, tries to reload it, and crashes the kdenlive process.

I've searched through all the configuration options, and googled the question, but I can't find any way to disable the auto-reloader to give my clips time to finish rendering.

Workaround: If I start kdenlive from the command line, I can use Ctrl+Z to suspend it while my clips re-render, and the "fg" to bring it back.

This is good enough to keep my work going but I'm hoping theres a less hacky way to achieve this workflow.

Version: kdenlive-22.04.1-x86_x64 (from AppImage)
bartoloni
OS

Re: Disable Clip Auto Reload

Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:56 am
it's better to not change files used on project bin ( sometimes i do this with images, JPG PNG and others maintaining same resolution) for audio and video clip there is a high rate of rendering crashes if the size or framerate or anything else is changed from original project...

i can only suggest to not keep opened kdenlive during these changes... and be sure to not change lenght or size of any other aspect on current project involed clips... results can be impredictable.

you can ask here: https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues for a not-reload flag but i dubt developers will add this function.