This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Text based list of clips used in a project

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jonnie
Registered Member
Hi, forum newbie here.

I wondered if Kdenlive is able to produce a text based file or screen output that simply lists the file names of all clips used in a particular project?

I have a pool of hundreds of instructional videos from which I am creating some edited 'highlight' videos - so the main activity is using the clip editor to find the start and end time of part of an existing clip that I wish to use and then adding that zone to the timeline. I am not cutting the clip or extracting a new video from the clip, simply creating the start-end times for the zone and then dragging that onto the timeline from the clip editor.

I can of course use old school 'pencil and paper' to keep track of which clip was used in which video but I wondered first if Kdenlive is able to produce a clip summary for a particular project?

I would be very pleased simply to have a list of the filenames, something more elaborate might include clip start and end times ( relative to the clip timings ) and/or timings within the project.

thanks...