This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

OPEN GL

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sparky
Registered Member

OPEN GL

Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:34 am
Hi,
I am running Kdenlive on Windows 10 machine and was suffering a problem when I have a few running two or three applications on a portion of video where it would stutter through that piece so think RAM was the problem I updated from 16GB to 32GB with no difference.
Just wondering if the Open GL setting is wrong, was on Open GL changed to Auto seem slightly better but what are the other two setting and what is the best setting normally?

Just to make it clearer the scenario is this :- I have a Subscribe clip for YouTube Videos, red on a black background so I use a basic Croma key to get rid of the background then it stutters with this added
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: OPEN GL

Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:19 pm
If the preview is stuttering you may want to lower the preview resolution. Try 720p or a lower setting.
Secondly, you may want to enable the preview render. Select the zone for which you want to render the preview using I and O to set the start and end of the zone, respectively. Then click on the down arrow next to the Preview Render icon above the timeline (a circle with a red and white triangle) to add a new preview render zone. Then click the icon to start the render. If not set to automatic you need to click this icon if something has changes within that zone.
If your preview stutters while you have other applications running in the background or in parallel your CPU may not be powerful enough to handle the load. A lot of the heavy lifting in kdenlive is done by the CPU (sadly, and HW acceleration is high in the wish list).

Hope this helps

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
sparky
Registered Member

Re: OPEN GL

Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:48 pm
What is the purpose of those settings for open gl etc. cant find an explanation anywhere as to what the different settings do?