This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

360video Insta 360

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
danoftrades
Registered Member

360video Insta 360

Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:26 am
Hello everyone,

in the past, I shot 360 video and when editing with Kdenlive, I would be able to use VR360 Hemispherical to Equirectangular and VR360 Equirectangular to Rectilinear effect, but now that I have version 22.12.0, I dont find that effect.

Ive tried googling, but I see very few mentions and moreover, no one really explains where is this effect at.

Can anyone point me in right direction? I have an mp4 file from an Insta360, but It all shows up as a regular video with heavy distortion at top and bottom.

Kdenlive version 22.12.0, and the only effect I have at VR360, which doesn't do anything really.

Is there any effect to creat a "tiny planet" scene?
Also I am trying to stitch the video so I can do a 360 with the camera.
danoftrades
Registered Member

Re: 360video Insta 360  Topic is solved

Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:11 am
danoftrades wrote:Hello everyone,

in the past, I shot 360 video and when editing with Kdenlive, I would be able to use VR360 Hemispherical to Equirectangular and VR360 Equirectangular to Rectilinear effect, but now that I have version 22.12.0, I dont find that effect.

Ive tried googling, but I see very few mentions and moreover, no one really explains where is this effect at.

Can anyone point me in right direction? I have an mp4 file from an Insta360, but It all shows up as a regular video with heavy distortion at top and bottom.

Kdenlive version 22.12.0, and the only effect I have at VR360, which doesn't do anything really.

Is there any effect to creat a "tiny planet" scene?
Also I am trying to stitch the video so I can do a 360 with the camera.

Never mind, the issue is not Kdenlive. The issue is that the video is from Insta360 and apparently, it needs proprietary software.

This post can be deleted. Thank you