This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Image sequince

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tommi
Registered Member

Image sequince

Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:55 pm
Hi

Im making a video using pictures that i took, i dont have trouble with anything other than the order that the pictures show up in. Kdenlive uses the picture names (the way i view those pictures in my computer is by date and thats also how i want to display them in the video, oldest first, newest last) How do i do that

Tomas
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Image sequince

Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:10 pm
Use a batch rename tool that allows you to add the creation date to the filename

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
wolfn
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:23 pm
In your project bin (where your imported pictures show up) you may find some sort-options in the 'burger-menu'.
--> Options -> Sort by ...

Manjaro-Linux, kdenlive-22-12-2.appimage, I7-9700/16GB/M2-SSD, Sata-SSD
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:13 pm
Image Sequences are created as one clip so the sort feature in the project bin does not apply to the individual images making up the Image Sequence. Therefore, it is important to have kdenlive create the sequence the way we need it in the timeline.

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
tommi
Registered Member

Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:57 pm
Okay this is not possible in add image sequence but i have managed to put all photos in project bin and as mentioned above, burger knob - sort image by - date, so thats good.
Then i chose preferred time duration for each image as 1 second in Settings-configure kdelive - misc - image clips.
But now new problem, these are around 300 files, how to i get all those images from project bin to the timeline, i cant seem to find select all for the images in project bin
thanks for the responses
Tomas
berndmj
Registered Member
OS

Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:14 pm
IIRC, you can select the first image, then scroll down and hold Shift and select the last image, then drag the whole selection into the timeline.

Unless you want to be able to adjust individual images, working with an image sequence is much easier, in particular when dealing with that many images. Just saying ...

tommi
Registered Member

Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:10 pm
This worked thank you and video is finished!

My original problem with image sequence is that i needed the images to be in specific order, and in this case, oldest image first and newest image last. Kdenlive does not provide you with the same options regarding sort by date, file name and such in image sequence thats why i did it like i did, there i could (as pointed out to me) sort by date.

Tomas