This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Short video (of a restaurant) made with kdenlive

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
oldcpu_drupal
Registered Member
This is a link to short video clip I made with KDEnlive-7.7.1-1 on openSUSE-11.2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-eZ2itPq4

The clips inside the video were taken with a Canon HF S10 with no tripod nor monopod (ie taken freehand with my shaky hands). To stabilize (prior to importing into kdenlive) I used VirtualDub (with the Deshaker Plugin) running under wine-1.3.0.

I made the video for my Thai brother-in-law for his new restaurant in Khao Lak, Thailand.

oldcpu_drupal
Registered Member
> To remove the black bars around the pictures/clips you use, in Kdenlive in the Project tree right
> click on the clip, select properties, select advanced and tick Force Aspect Ratio and set that to 1.43.

Thanks for the comments and the suggestion.

I did try the forcing of the aspect ratio, but that had no effect on the borders of the still images in the clip. Having typed that, would not forcing such an aspect ratio cause the image to appear 'distorted', which would be a 'trade-off' against the unattractiveness of the black border?

ddennedy
Registered Member
To get rid of black borders of still images, apply the Crop effect, and click Center crop. It will, however, remove the top and bottom parts of the images you used in your video, and it does not appear you would want that. A more advanced way to handle it is to place them atop a background image, perhaps with a white border, rotated slightly, and reduced in size slightly to make it look like a photograph laying on something. So, a background like wood grain, canvas, etc.

Overall, though, very nice, and I wish I could go there. :-)