This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A few videos edited in kdenlive

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
edwardl
Registered Member

A few videos edited in kdenlive

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:36 pm
Hello.
I've edited videos for a long time. Well, I actually started with drawing some animations on an Atari Falcon. At some point in 2004 , or 2005 I got a video camera. A little later I invested in a video editor called Ulead Video Studio 6, which I later upgraded to 9. It was ok for what I wanted, though there were times I was wishing I had more tracks than just 2 vids, 2 auds, and a text track. Thankfully I had 3D Studio Max and ModPlug Tracker so I could fake it a bit.

During a long period I was trying to get more into Linux and so was looking into video editors for Linux. I think in 2012 I bought an HD camera, and Ulead wasn't agreeing with the MTS format. I found Cinelerra but it didn't seem to handle everything I wanted. I then came across kdenlive and it did what I was looking for. Massive support of formats (ffmpeg support in other words ;) ), multipul tracks of editing, and an easy interface. True, there have been some bugs I've come across which I've posted. I think I came across kdenlive long ago, but then it didn't seem to work as I thought it would. But I do like the work that is being put into this. :)

Anyways, what have I produced with kdenlive? Well, let me give you a link to my YouTube channel and say that "Sonic Generations International" is the first released video where I went over from Ulead to kdenlive. I think I started on another project in the mean time. It could've been "Vlog of December 2013", where I used kdenlive to its limits. :p

Enjoy my works, feel free to leave feedback, and a new video may be released in about a month.

/Edward