This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Timelapse collection from my village - Part 3

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-nkumar
Registered Member
Hi Everyone,

This is my third part of timelapse collection from village. Hope you enjoy.

Combined editing with Darktable and KDENLIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ZE2fsYgD4

Feedback on improvements are always welcome :)

Regards,
Nandakumar
farid
Registered Member
OS
nice work, i wish darktable would implement a timelapse mode ;)

SRT
Registered Member
OS
I think it's quite good. I like that you refrained from using too many special effects, allowing the beautiful images to speak for themselves, The result turned out very tasteful. Congratulations.
kde-nkumar
Registered Member
@farid
Darktable now has exposure equalization for RAW files which can be quite usable for timelapses.
Thanks a lot for watching :)

@SRT
Thank you very much for watching. :)
sammuirhead
Registered Member
OS
this is looking good, your timelapses are getting better with each video!
How much time do you expose your shots for generally? I would suggest a slightly longer exposure on those with a lot of moving objects, eg the people on the beach at the end - that will blur the movement a bit, creating 'trails' and make them a bit smoother. Of course in bright daylight it might be difficult to get a long exposure without closing down the aperture a lot or using a neutral density filter, but play around with it and see how it goes.

http://www.cameralibre.cc
Free Culture videos made with Free/Libre/Open Source Software about Open Hardware, Open Data, Open Everything
kde-nkumar
Registered Member
Dear sammuirhead,

Thank you for those words.

You are correct sir, even I have such ideas. However buying good quality ND/GNDs with sturdy tripod is out of my budget. The DSLR was bought with great effort. It costs a lot in our currency.

Regards,
Nandakumar