This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unable to install kdenlive on Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-melissam
Registered Member
Hello,

I am having trouble installing kdenlive. The process stops at "building mariadb."

Code: Select all
Macintosh-2:~ melissa$ sudo port install kdenlive
--->  Computing dependencies for kdenlive
--->  Dependencies to be installed: kde4-runtime kdepimlibs4 akonadi mariadb-server mariadb qt4-mac-mariadb-plugin
--->  Building mariadb
Error: org.macports.build for port mariadb returned: command execution failed
Error: Failed to install mariadb
Please see the log file for port mariadb for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_mariadb/mariadb/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: kde4-runtime kdepimlibs4 akonadi mariadb-server mariadb qt4-mac-mariadb-plugin
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port kdenlive failed
Macintosh-2:~ melissa$

The log shows this:

Code: Select all
:info:build Exit code: 2
:error:build org.macports.build for port mariadb returned: command execution failed
:debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 74181 2
:debug:build Backtrace: command execution failed
    while executing
"system -nice 0 $fullcmdstring"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval system $notty $nice \$fullcmdstring"
    invoked from within
"command_exec build"
    (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
    invoked from within
"portbuild::build_main org.macports.build"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval $procedure $targetname"
:info:build Warning: targets not executed for mariadb: org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:error:build Failed to install mariadb
:debug:build Registry error: qt4-mac-mariadb-plugin not registered as installed & active.
    invoked from within
"registry_active $subport"
    invoked from within
"$workername eval registry_active \$subport"
:notice:build Please see the log file for port mariadb for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_mariadb/mariadb/main.log

Can anyone offer some guidance? When it first stopped at being unable to install mariadb, I installed some of the dependencies separately (I think; I am quite new at this.) I searched the forums but it does not seem that anyone else has had this exact problem. Thank you.
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
Unfortunately, Macintosh support has fallen by the wayside. We need a Mac guru w/ time on their hands to shepherd the Mac port....
kde-melissam
Registered Member
Steve Guilford wrote:Unfortunately, Macintosh support has fallen by the wayside. We need a Mac guru w/ time on their hands to shepherd the Mac port....

Ahhh, that's too bad, but thanks for letting me know.

Maybe I could just figure out a way to install mariadb? That seems to be the holdup. I've been able to install everything else up to this point without a problem.

Thank you, though.