This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Pb version with daily build

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nymen
Registered Member

Pb version with daily build

Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:55 am
hi
it seems than the daily build from d.dennedy are always version 9.10 ... file kdenlive-debian7-x86_64-20150601.tar.bz2

I think the build is automated ... if someone can tell us to take new version ...

i wil try to do but ..

Thanks
ttguy
OS

Re: Pb version with daily build

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:29 pm
As May 2015 obtaining and installing the latest version of Kdenlive has got a little complicated. Development of Kdenlive up to this point has used a technology known as KDE Frameworks 4. And the last stable release using this technology is version 0.9.10 released 25th September 2014.
To use this you need to have recent versions of frei0r, kdenlive , mlt and libvidstab e.g.
frei0r = 1.4.0+git20140826.72e51041
kdenlive = 0.9.10
mlt = 0.9.3+git20141005.22abed67
libvidstab=2:0.98b
Development of Kdenlive has now switched to a new version of the KDE Frameworks - called KF5 (KDE Frameworks 5). To install versions of Kdenlive using this underlying technology you need to be on a Linux distribution that supports KF5. Ubuntu and its derivatives versioned 15.04 and higher support KF5. It is not possible to install KF5 on distributions earlier than 15.04 (except by chrooting your system). Versions using KF5 are distributed by the Kubuntu-CI Team.
Version numbers of the KF5 flavour start at 15.04.0 I am not sure if Dan Dennedy is offering daily builds of the 15.04 version. But on the Kubuntu-CI page you should be able to find PPAs for various different stability levels of Kubuntu sofware and you will find kdenive in these.
eg:
Kubuntu CI Stable
Kubuntu CI Stable (Daily Snapshot)
Kubuntu CI Stable (Weekly Snapshot)
Kubuntu CI Unstable
Kubuntu CI Unstable (Daily Snapshot)
Kubuntu CI Unstable (Weekly Snapshot)

The switch between 0.9.10 and 15.04.0 is quite major with respect to the development work required. Testing of the new 15.04.0 version has been limited. For critical work I would recommend not upgrading to 15.04.0 unless you have a good backout strategy - which might mean backing out of a distribution upgrade.
nymen
Registered Member

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:35 am
hi
thanks for your reply ...
i install the 15.04.0 with sunab repository ....

the install work fine, but not the application ... the monitor fall after 30 secondes .. it keep an image of the clip and it is not able to play again the clip ...

so i keep 9.10 ... but i have time to test the new version ... but i don't know how to help ?

nyme
ttguy
OS

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:17 pm
I thought sunab was going to give up on his ppa. But I notice https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/u ... enlive-svn is "kdenlive-git (unstable).Testing only!" and it has an 8 week old 15.04.0 version of kdenlive. Is this what you installed ?

You might find a newer version in the Kubuntu-CI Team PPAs that I mention above. And that might have a bug fix for your issue.