This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

install kdenlive on crunch bang / bunsen labs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kalimerox
Registered Member
Hi there,

I run kdenlive on crunch bang for a long time without any flaws, but after the last upgrade it deinstalled and after reinstalling i got this:

kdenlive: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmlt++.so.3: version `MLTPP_0.9.8' not found (required by kdenlive)

any idea? Crunch bang is a debian testing distro.. and itworked till now as the most stable platform for me to run kdenlive on.. so i was wondering... Any help is appreciated :)
kalimerox
Registered Member

Re: install kdenlive on debian

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:45 pm
the problem persists and i dont really understand... it seems i cant install mkisofs, but it is needed to make kdenlive running.. am I the only one on debian to have that problem? it is so strange ;(
ttguy
OS
Where are you sourcing your kdenlive packages? What version is it ?
What version of mlt do you have?

What version of KDE Frameworks (kde-runtime) ? Latest version of kdenlive requires KF5
kalimerox
Registered Member
Hi thanks for getting back!

kdenlive version 15.08 -02

source should be the debian jessie repositories.

ha, but while writing this i realized i havent installed kde-runtime! it seems that on some update it got removed.. when i try to reinstall I get: Could not apply changes!
Fix broken packages first.

so it seems the problem is with my repositories ;(
ttguy
OS
I don't know for sure but if the ubuntu experience is anything to go by - you may well have a very hard time installing KF5 - (kdeframeworks v 5) on debian. KF5 is only possible on ubuntu on version > 15.04 of ubuntu distros. Not exactly sure why that it is. But that same limitation might be applying to debian - since it is quite a conservative distro.