This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive 17.04 - Cannot render video in OpenSUSE 42.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dantonelli
Registered Member
Hi there,
just want to share a issue i've faced during my videoediting work. I've setup a workstation with openSUSE 42.2, kdenlive 17.04, melt and ffmpeg from Packman repo, and video driver closed from Nvidia's repo. Then i've started editing and while i'm clicking on render, i've discovered that kdenlive crashed instantly! The reason is melt, that goes to segmentation fault if called from a virtual terminal. Digging the web i discovered that issue is caused by frei0r-plugin package. The forum guys said that melt already have frei0r video filter inside the package called libmlt6-modules. So following their tips i've removed the frei0r-plugin package and everything start to work again.

I've opened this thread to clarify if by deleting that collection of filters, i loose something important for my older projects, and if this is the real solution to fix that issue.

Thank you in advance.
the url to the post they talk about the issue https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/523672-MELT-segfaults-immediately