This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive on Windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
David S
Registered Member

Kdenlive on Windows

Mon May 07, 2018 4:32 am
I just downloaded and tried out the Windows version of Kdenlive. It worked fine for the task I had in mind with minimal need to refer to the user manual. That's appreciated.
A couple of thoughts.
The installation instructions were okay, but the reference to "kdenlive-windows folder" was confusing. I went looking for it in the sub-folders. You meant the kdenlive installation folder.
The dvd authoring software is missing. I can use an existing program to do this after rendering the file, but it would be easier from within Kdenlive, so it would be helpful if you could provide links for that on the website. Never never going to find it otherwise.
dbus-daemon.exe and kdenlive.exe keep running after the program is closed. So files cannot be deleted until I go into the task manager and stop them running.
When using the "add clip" dialogue to add a file on the C drive, it takes a lot of right clicking to get the "open file manager" dialogue to appear. It was easier to drop the clip onto another drive, but then the file manager wouldn't refresh and kdenlive had to be closed and started again to get the clip to appear.
David S
bartoloni
OS

Re: Kdenlive on Windows

Mon May 07, 2018 10:54 am
Hi! and welcom to kdenlive forum.

David S wrote:The installation instructions were okay, but the reference to "kdenlive-windows folder" was confusing. I went looking for it in the sub-folders. You meant the kdenlive installation folder.

yes is the Kdenlive folder where the main executable isplaced (better to choice an user sub-folder for this ... for example the DESKTOP... or root of user ... just to be sure to have privileges to read/write usre data)

David S wrote:dbus-daemon.exe and kdenlive.exe keep running after the program is closed. So files cannot be deleted until I go into the task manager and stop them running.

know issue from first Win-version (just search forum to watch how many reports there are)

for any other issue... please refer to the upcoming 18.04.2 release (next week maybe)

now you can try the 18.04.1 ( https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 8.04.1.zip ) but you have to delete the file "kdenliverc" located on users/USERNAME/appdata/local