This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows Kdenlive 18.04 "Invalid clip" error on mp4 file

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jimsk
Registered Member
The download page states:

Now, you don’t need to do anything more to set up. To run Kdenlive, you just have to unzip the downloaded Kdenlive version, and start Kdenlive from kdenlive.exe in kdenlive-windows folder.

This may be technically true but leaves out a few things. When trying to load an mp4 file I get an "invalid clip" error. This looks to be from missing ffmpeg based on previous version posts I found. I also found a little on specific versions of ffmpeg being needed. Are there more detailed install instructions that cover some of the extras that are typically needed?

Something like this...
http://lifeofageekadmin.com/install-kdenlive-16-12-windows/
Do the versions mentioned work ok with 18.04?

I use Ubuntu too so am running it under that for now.
bartoloni
OS
jimsk wrote:The download page states:

Now, you don’t need to do anything more to set up. To run Kdenlive, you just have to unzip the downloaded Kdenlive version, and start Kdenlive from kdenlive.exe in kdenlive-windows folder.

This may be technically true but leaves out a few things. When trying to load an mp4 file I get an "invalid clip" error. This looks to be from missing ffmpeg based on previous version posts I found. I also found a little on specific versions of ffmpeg being needed. Are there more detailed install instructions that cover some of the extras that are typically needed?

Something like this...
http://lifeofageekadmin.com/install-kdenlive-16-12-windows/
Do the versions mentioned work ok with 18.04?

I use Ubuntu too so am running it under that for now.

Are you using the 18.04.1D release?
please check this post: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=152358
jimsk
Registered Member
Yes, I am using that version. I downloaded a recent version of ffmpeg but then noticed it was already in the kdenlive folder. Ran kdenlive and tried loading the same file and it worked this time. Didn't have to put the new version of ffmpeg in place. Not sure what caused the issue before but it seems to work now.