This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

FFMEG. FFPlay & FFProbe are still empty & can find neither.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-sparxz
Registered Member
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS + KDENLive: Version 18.08.1

In:
Settings; configure; 'MLT Environment' tab

FFMEG was empty. I put in: /snap/bin/ffmpeg

But
FFPlay & FFProbe are still empty and can find neither.

Is this version of KDENLive meant to be set up like this?

Thanks
Merlimau
Registered Member
Seems some part are missing. You have tried with the AppImage? If not try from here: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.AppImage
kde-sparxz
Registered Member
Thanks for reply.
Have tried App image you sent instead of the Snap one I have.

So great gives.....
Missing Settings, MLT environment filled in as:

/tmp/.mount_71hsOZ/usr/bin/ffplay
/tmp/.mount_71hsOZ/usr/bin/ffprobe

But .....
all access to, 'settings' 'downloads...' of add-ons,
not accessible, "Failed", which I am very familiar for years, with the Windows version of this error.

Is there a chance both problems will this be fixed in the next version?
Merlimau
Registered Member
It may help if you run the Appimage from the terminal (press CTRL + ALT + T). Move to the AppImage folder and run the .AppImage: ./Kdenlive*.AppImage. Then you see what are the missing parts of the installation.
kde-sparxz
Registered Member
For:
$ ./kdenlive-18.08.1-x86_64.AppImage

This is what I get:
https://pastebin.com/t2jYpGip
Merlimau
Registered Member
Install the latest openSSL version: sudo apt-get install openssl libssl-dev.
BigMan200
Registered Member
Maybe it's a little bit OT but I am wondering:
in case only the Melt-Path is filled out, why should I add the FFmpeg/FFplay/FFprobe pathes??? What is it good for?
I thought, but now I believe I am wrong, MELT is using FFmpeg "in the background" (and MELT would know by itself, where to find FFmpeg).
Merlimau
Registered Member
In the Linux and Windows version: You point to the corresponding EXE files. As all these files are in the same directory maybe it comes from the past.
BigMan200
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:In the Linux and Windows version: You point to the corresponding EXE files. As all these files are in the same directory maybe it comes from the past.

Yeah well ... the Melt-path was automatically insert during installation, while all the ffmpeg pathes had been left empty. And Kdenlive did work (with the only issue, that I believe it is not using in a prober way the GPU ... but this is another topic and thread ;) )

After filling in the ffmpeg-pathes .. well ... no difference at all. I also believe, that this option (to put in the ffmpeg-pathes) is not a "heritage" from older versions (in the Kdenlive-Documentation you can see that in the section about environment settings, those ffmpeg pathes are not there, which must refer to an older Kdenlive-version, since I just installed mine last week).