This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive AppImage windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mikenewman
Registered Member

Kdenlive AppImage windows

Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:35 am
Hello
I would like to install Kdenlive AppImage on windows 1o, to have the latest version of kdenlive
1) is anyone who is using Kdenlive AppImage on windows and what are experiences, stability, performance
2) is there any tutorial or more clear steps for non techies to to install Kdenlive AppImage on windows
thank you
Mike
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Kdenlive AppImage windows

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:34 am
On Windows I suggest you use the latest available download (18.08.2 30Oct 18, play/pause bug solved = AppImage 18.08.3). Or you wait a couple of days to download the upcoming 18.12.0 version. On the stable versions are no differences between AppImage and Windows version.

AppImage are for Linux. You can run AppImage inside a Virtual Machine (Oracle) on Windows only. This make sense to test the upcoming refactoring version.
mikenewman
Registered Member

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:49 am
Thank you :)
bartoloni
OS

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:57 am
mikenewman wrote:Hello
I would like to install Kdenlive AppImage on windows 1o, to have the latest version of kdenlive
1) is anyone who is using Kdenlive AppImage on windows and what are experiences, stability, performance
2) is there any tutorial or more clear steps for non techies to to install Kdenlive AppImage on windows
thank you
Mike

the next release of Kdenlive for WIndows (that is not an appimage) come with a BRAND NEW INSTALLER

you can see a preview version of this release here: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 64-gcc.exe

in this "preview" there are not alternative visual styles (just the standard white style.. that in Windows systems is not the best) .. but we are waiting for the FULL INSTALLER of the 18.12 :)

P.S. i made an archive with the color schemes ( http://www.wcn.it/color-schemes.zip ) the folder inside the archive can be placed on the DATA folder of Kdenlive (now the path is: c:/programmi/Kdenlive/Bin/data )