This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive compatible with Mac OSX10.11 (El Capitan) ???

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Wichal
Registered Member
Hi !!!

Is Kdenlive compatible with Mac OSX10.11 (El Capitan) ???

Thank you in advance !!!
Merlimau
Registered Member
Kdenlive doesn’t run on Mac at the moment. Investigation are ongoing to compile it for Mac as well. Stay tuned.
bartoloni
OS
Merlimau wrote:Kdenlive doesn’t run on Mac at the moment. Investigation are ongoing to compile it for Mac as well. Stay tuned.

finally we have a build :) (just today)

Wichal wrote:Hi !!!
Is Kdenlive compatible with Mac OSX10.11 (El Capitan) ???
Thank you in advance !!!

you can try this [UNSTABLE] first release for MacOS ... maybe just to report BUGS ... same thing happened for WIndows... first releases are very buggy but the user feedback it's necessary to improve the code.
https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/unstable ... -clang.dmg
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
I just built it (on High Sierra) using Craft...
It starts from my build folder but I'm not sure the DMG runs (maybe need to try twice, on Windows there was a 1st initialization problem too).
Then all file dialogs complain kioexec is not accessible, the workaround is to drop files from finder.
So this is a start :)
bartoloni
OS
vpinon wrote:Hello,
I just built it (on High Sierra) using Craft...
It starts from my build folder but I'm not sure the DMG runs (maybe need to try twice, on Windows there was a 1st initialization problem too).
Then all file dialogs complain kioexec is not accessible, the workaround is to drop files from finder.
So this is a start :)

Great job Vincent!
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
I'm removing the DMG as it is not properly packaged and cannot start.
Impatients can build themselves using Craft, or wait a few days/weeks until I get a solution
bartoloni
OS
vpinon wrote:I'm removing the DMG as it is not properly packaged and cannot start.
Impatients can build themselves using Craft, or wait a few days/weeks until I get a solution

Sorry about "exposing" this DMG on forum, but i think that the 7z version (without DMG packaging) can be usefull to apple users/developers.. just to understand the structure(files/folder) of Kdenlive for MacOS.. probably some users can do a re-packaging...