This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Latest version I can install with Centos7.7.1908

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
davis
Registered Member
Hi all, please forgive a newbie at least when it comes to centos and kdenlive.

I want to start using kdenlive but I'm a little lost as far as which is the latest version I can run and install on CentOS 7.7?
I previously ran a yum install which loaded fine afaik but it seems to give me a dated version given the releases on the site are over v19.

I grabbed the latest appimage but the installer tells me:
kdenlive: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by kdenlive)
kdenlive: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by kdenlive)
I checked and there's no update available so I suspect I have to run an older version.

To avoid the manual trial and error, can someone help explain how I can determine which is the latest version that will be supported by my current OS?

Thanks
bartoloni
OS
davis
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58452
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/442 ... n-centos-7

probably related to a "too much" updated glibc.

Thanks for the links, I will have a go with LD Library path! Can you elaborate what you mean by "too updated glibc"?
bartoloni
OS
i think that on latest Cnetos mayeb there is a new release of glibc .. that maybe is not compotible with the C runtime of Kdenlive appimage...

BTW.. i found this: (maybe is a starting point for the issue)

How to solve GLIBCXX Not Found Error on Centos 7
Just follow these steps (You must compile newer version of GCC):

cd /usr/local/lib64
cp libstdc++.so.6.0.22 /usr/lib64/
cd /usr/lib64/
mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.OLD
ln -sf libstdc++.so.6.0.22 libstdc++.so.6

This will solve these problems :

libstdc++.so.6 not found CentOS 7.3
/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21′ not found
davis
Registered Member
bartoloni wrote:i think that on latest Cnetos mayeb there is a new release of glibc .. that maybe is not compotible with the C runtime of Kdenlive appimage...

Having looked a little closer the version of glibc in my OS is 2.19 so I think it's the other way around unfortunately, if I'm not misstaken.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
I think you can't do much when system libc is too old, except maybe building a chroot with a more recent system (not so newbie manipulation).
I believe it is a problem on our AppImage generation system, it was previously based on Centos7 so should rely on that old libc.
Maybe this CI system has been upgraded (KDE central service) and we abandoned Centos users on the way (sorry but this is a quite old system for people involved in multimedia)!